10 Graphic Yet Awesome Photos That Put Modern Culture To Shame

Although we are not a political news source, every once in awhile something comes along that is important to share. And this is one of them.

Luis Quiles is probably one of the few genius artists who have the nerves to portray key social issues and modern day absurdities through their art. Luis bravely uses vivid and striking illustrations to express today’s unfortunate realities we live with – over-the-counter drug addiction, censorship, sexism, child abuse, and social media obsession are some of the issues he has depicted harshly through his art.

At the onset, his pictures will make you laugh, but the messages they contain will begin to haunt you the moment you start to spend some more time looking at Luis’ clear-cut interpretation of the riddles and widely–accepted bizarre norms that plague the world today.

Love him, loathe him, but you definitely can’t ignore him…

Sex sells, Man it really does!

From boardroom to billboards, from restaurants to TV commercials, women, including pop stars and celebrities, are sexually exploited and forced to wear short skirts, long heels, and skimpy clothes to stimulate and attract testosterone-driven audience.

01 female-sexuality

The social media madness

Today whoever has means to buy smart phones, iPads, or notebooks, is addicted to the technology, the making-your-life-easy apps, and social networking websites where the line between social media reality and the everyday reality is becoming blurred.

02 social-media-crazed-population

OTC drugs turning people into zombies

According to a Times analysis of government data, for the first time, drug deaths (37,485 people died due to an increase in prescription narcotic overdoses) outnumbered traffic fatalities (36,284) in the United States. Drug fatalities more than doubled among teens and young adults between 2000 and 2008, and more than tripled among people aged 50 to 69. The nation’s growing prescription drug problem is an epidemic. Someone needs to stop teenagers from popping anxiety pills to get a heroin-like high and middle-aged working men and women from taking prescription pain drugs and getting addicted.

03 pharmaceuticals

Obsession with fast food

When the cost of living goes up, more people struggle to keep alive; at this point countless families and students are force-fed fast and cheap food as the best option to survive and be merry. Fast food companies leave no stone unturned to entice the vulnerable to experience their newest nutrition-less cheap offering making them lazy and meek.

04 force-feeding

Religion’s ‘helping’ hand

Religious institutions the world over have means to help the poor, but they only give blessings not food, shelter and education to the deprived. Despite being loaded with cash and gold, these places of worship often guide people to salvation, but turn a blind eye to basic human needs.

05 Religions

Athletes or products?

A picture speaks louder than a thousand words. Need we say more?

06 professional-athletes

Happy New Year

This is one of the most controversial pictures and will be featured in Louis’ artbook Revolutionary Road.

07 Happy-New-Year

Survival of the fittest

The rich are getting richer, and the poor are getting poorer. 1 in 9 people do not have enough to eat and more than a billion people live on less than $1.25-a-day while the combined wealth of the richest 1% will overtake that of the other 99% in 2016 unless the rising inequality is checked. Will mankind wake-up to its own insanity before financial motives completely destroy ecosystems, wildlife, and eventually the planet earth?

08 cut-throat-power

Innocent casualties of ‘war on terror’

In December 2014, Pakistan’s dance with terrorists backfired when a terror attack on a military school in Peshawar by the Pakistani Taliban killed 132 innocent children. The so-called wars on terror have only produced children with the by-product of war arms – radiation and firearm-induced amputation. Why should the innocent kids be murdered or deformed in the name of defending one’s country?

09 innocent-casualties

Free thought, free speech: What’s that?

As Salman Rushdie once put it, “Free speech is the whole thing, the whole ball game. Free speech is life itself”. This basic right is guaranteed to all Americans in the Bill of Rights. Unfortunately, numerous laws and regulations limit this freedom not just in the United States but across the world. The Internet, the books, magazines, artwork, and media, should simply not be censored. No one should be put behind bars for expressing his/her thoughts.

10 censorship-of-free-thought

Originally posted December 15, 2014 by  @ Collective Evolution || This version originally posted February 6th, 2015 by Vandita @ AnonHQ

Original Jeff Roberts Source: http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/12/15/disturbing-but-amazing-pictures-expose-the-absurdities-of-modern-culture-warning-graphic-images/