Well here it is, the thirteenth day of 2013. So far this year it’s been an odd one. Where as 2012 was filled with tragedy and climatic bizarreness, 2013 could just be the Year of The Odd
And the oddest one, to start of our look, is an orange-haired follower of James Holmes.
- Miss Misty Benjamin, says she’s “physically attracted” to accused Aurora shooter James Holmes. She had shown up at Holmes pretrial hearings with her hair dyed Joker/Holmes-orange, looking as he did on the night of the massacre.
- The must-have sicko accessory of the week, a $50,000, gold-plated, diamond-studded AK-47, was found in a police raid on an accused Honduran drug lord’s ranch — and if you don’t know what to get Wayne LaPierre for his 65 birthday in November, consider your problem solved.
- In Australia, Smurfs are on the attack while Oompa Loompas beat the bejesus out of a man. (Read More)
- The world has become so dangerous that nudists now fear young children won’t be able to run, skip and frolic in the raw at the upcoming Nude Olympics. (Read More)
- Luckily, we have our share of badass heroes — a San Diego man who kicked the tar out of an iPhone bandit; a Virgina Labradoodle that can pass himself off as a lion; and a heavily tattooed presidential candidate who’s proving to be more than a sideshow in the upcoming Czech election.
- But if this week’s weird news doesn’t do it for you, there’s a Swedish TV network that aired 10 minutes of porn, albeit by accident. (Read More)
- An allegedly unruly Icelandair passenger was restrained with tape and zip-ties on a recent flight from Iceland to New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport after an incident, according to multiple reports. (Read More)
- The Japan-based site Rocket News 24 tricked five young women into drinking ttongsul, a traditional Korean beverage also called “feces wine” because, in addition to medicinal herbs, it also has fermented human poop in it. (Read More)