Nude is no way to go through the legal system, son.
Authorities in Tarpon Springs were alerted to a suspected streaker prancing around wearing only construction boots at the Tarpon Springs Golf Course Monday evening. Police responded, but the naked man slipped by.
Later that night, deputies gave chase to a white van driven by a still-naked Luna, but called off the pursuit when the vehicle crossed county lines.
That’s when Luna reportedly bolted from the scene, heading north in the southbound lanes of U.S. 19, according to MyFoxTampaBay. He allegedly sideswiped a police cruiser in his attempt to flee. Police say that Luna then jumped out of the van — yes, naked — and made a run for it by foot.
Police arrested Luna and presumably forced him to put some clothes on.
Luna faces a slew of charges, including attempted auto burglary, aggravated assault, battery, aggravated battery on a law enforcement officer, reckless driving, and resisting without violence.
- Deputies: Naked man assaults 7-Eleven clerk, caught after chase (tbo.com)
- Bizarre Naked Chase Lands Pasco Man In Jail (miami.cbslocal.com)
- Florida Or Ohio: Naked Golf Course Streaker Only Wearing Construction Boots Punches 7-11 Worker [Cuff ‘Em] (bustedcoverage.com)
- Deputies: Naked man assaults Pasco store clerk, flees authorities (tbo.com)
- Deputies: Naked man assaults Pasco clerk, caught after chase (tbo.com)
- Fla. Man Arrested After Naked Golf Course Run (tampa.cbslocal.com)
- Fla. man arrested after naked golf course run (local10.com)
- Today is the worst day in Florida news history (deathandtaxesmag.com)
The 10 Strangest Naked Crimes of 2011
There’s nothing new about nakedness. It’s been around since the dawn of time. But 2011 was a very special year for our natural state — it saw the rise of the naked criminal.
Yes, 2011 saw dozens of criminals stripping down and illegally strutting their stuff. There were women who nakedly hung from cliffs, and others who shook it for the court. There was even a naked runner and an attorney looking for a naked sword fight.
But in the strangest stories of all, thieves, old men and the intoxicated were the naked suspects. With that, here are the top naked stories of the past year:
- 1. Naked Boat Thief Tells Police, ‘Taser Me, Bro’
- 2. NH Grandma Attacks Sandwich-Making Naked Burglar
- 3. Naked Man Caught Stealing Flat Screen TV in Conn.
- 4. Naked Fisherman Arrested in Wash. ‘Wasn’t a Pretty Sight’
- 5. ‘Forgot I Was Naked,’ Says Miss. Man, 70, Who Flashed Girls
- 6. Naked Woman with Loaded Gun Storms CA Motel Lobby
- 7. Topless Woman Leads Ohio Cops on 128-mph Chase
- 8. NASCAR Streaker Left Wild Raccoon in Car with His Girlfriend
- 9. Naked Florida Woman Pulled Her Own Teeth, Threw Rocks, Police Say
- 10. Naked Joyrides Not Illegal in Nebraska But Naked DUI Is
Now that you’re sufficiently scarred, it’s time to move on to more important things. This year was all about the naked criminal, which means it will soon be a thing of the past. But as year-end traditions require, we must predict what next year’s criminal trend will be. If you’ve got an idea (or a lingering hope), share your guess on the FindLaw Facebook Page wall. And to keep abreast of all things legal (naked or otherwise, we encourage you to sign up to receive the best of the FindLaw Blogs direct to your inbox via the Legal Grounds Newsletter.