Oh man, we hated this article more than you can imagine. However, once you finish reading this, just understand one thing. The system for today’s music, at least since 1992, has changed and the way we now purchase music differs from Elvis, Beatles, Michael Jackson & Nirvana’s time. And when you put into perspective that much of today’s music is a lazy kind of thing, where you just click a button and you buy a song, as opposed to our day when you actually had to make an effort to go out and purchase the music, then it all doesn’t seem so bad.
We honestly, deeply and sincerely believe, that if kids had to go out and purchase Justin Bieber‘s music, he’d been gone by now.
1. Creed has sold more records in the US than Jimi Hendrix
2. Led Zeppelin, REM, and Depeche Mode have never had a number one single, Rihanna has 10
3. Ke$ha’s “Tik-Tok” sold more copies than ANY Beatles single
4. Flo Rida’s “Low” has sold 8 million copies – the same as The Beatles’ “Hey Jude”
5. The Black Eyed Peas’ “I Gotta Feeling” is more popular than any Elvis or Simon & Garfunkel song
6. Celine Dion’s “Falling Into You” sold more copies than any Queen, Nirvana, or Bruce Springsteen record
7. Same with Shania Twain‘s “Come On Over”
8. Katy Perry holds the same record as Michael Jackson for most number one singles from an album
9. Barbra Streisand has sold more records (140 million) than Pearl Jam, Johnny Cash, and Tom Petty combined
10. People actually bought Billy Ray Cyrus‘ album “Some Gave All…” 20 million people. More than any Bob Marley album
11. The cast of “Glee” has had more songs chart than the Beatles
12. This guy exists.
And just remember one thing… The Beatles have still completely outsold any and all music artists ever in the history of Rock and Roll. We hope.