Say Guys! How is your favorite candidate doing? Looks here that Obama is in the lead … as a mask.
So what are you doing for Halloween? Are you going to a party or Trick or Treating? Are you dressing up just for the fun of it or do you have kids and want to re-live your childhood? I’m going to be my typical kitty cat… again… for the twentieth year. Yes, I’m very predictable.
This year, Obama masks are outselling Romney masks by more than 30 percent, according to the sales records at BuyCostumes.com and Spirit Halloween Stores, two popular seasonal retailers.
BuyCostumes.com statistics said Obama is up 30 percentage points over Romney, and Spirit Halloween has Obama mask sales figures at 69 percent vs. 31 percent for the Romney version.
Skeptics might say the costume poll is just window dressing meant to mask the real issues, but ABC News reports that BuyCostumes mask sales have correctly predicted the victor in the past three elections, while Spirit’s mask sales have been right in the past four.
“Our presidential index has proven to be a consistent and accurate predictor of the next president for nearly two decades,” Spirit Halloween company CEO and president Steven Silverstein told NewsMax.
For instance, Spirit Halloween figures show that Bill Clinton outsold Bob Dole by 71 percent to 29; George W. Bush outsold Al Gore by 57 percent to 43; Bush outsold John Kerry by 65 percent to 35; and Obama outsold John McCain by 60 percent to 40.
Just because a candidate’s mask is selling well in a particular state doesn’t mean he will win there.
- Election predicted in unusual ways (upi.com)
- Top Adult Halloween Costumes For 2012 (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)
- Wacky Ways to Predict the Election (abcnews.go.com)
- Eddie Vedder Rips Mitt Romney While Performing at Barack Obama Fundraiser (loudwire.com)
- Scary Halloween mask and $16 Trillion debt traumatizes baby (illinoisreview.typepad.com)
- Obama vs. Romney: Who Has the Better Graffiti? (theatlanticcities.com)