I quote John Lennon: “Instant karma’s gonna get you…” Otherwise, no comment.
Authorities say a young driver from Norwalk, Ohio, who died in a traffic accident may have been stealing stop signs shortly before his death.
And when police began investigating the accident, they found three stop signs inside Myers’ truck, which Sgt. Jason Demuth said had been stolen from intersections along the route Myers had been traveling before his accident.
While Myers was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident, the driver of the tractor-trailer, Kevin Heter, was flown to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Investigating Trooper Tim Hoffman said Myers was not wearing his seat belt at the time of the accident.
- Tyller Myers, Ohio Teenager, Killed After Running A Stop Sign In Middle Of Stop Sign-Stealing Spree (huffingtonpost.com)
- Ohio Stop Sign Thief Meets Tragic End (complex.com)
- History of Stop Signs: Legal Stop Signs, Yellow Stop Signs and Red Stop Signs (myparkingsign.com)
- Sign Theft: A Surprisingly Dangerous Felony (smartsign.com)
- Neighborhood Posts Fake Stop Sign to Save Kids (smartsign.com)
- Stop! You’re On Camera (personalliberty.com)
- Are cameras on stop signs a good idea? (minbcnews.com)