After their failed attempt to present the 2012 Olympics properly, NBC is under fire again. Only this time is in sheer disrespect of 9/11 and its victims. And it wasn’t as if it was a lack of reporting of the anniversary of the event that changed the world as we once knew – because they did report and give tribute – but during President Obama’s moment of silence that all other networks, radio stations, and the such, we calling for. And, for what? Kris Jenner’s tits?
It’s appalling behavior for a once great network responsible for a long history of wonderful news and programming. But then again, MTV was once a thriving network that changed the world, only to end up a sad and pathetic joke of its former self.
But, at least NBC didn’t report on Honey Boo-Boo. Then things really would’ve been in the wrong direction.
But NBC decided to go with a Today show interview with the Kardashian matriarch rather than cut to Washington DC, where President Barack Obama and victims’ families gathered to remember the terrorist attacks.
Jenner talked about the penultimate episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians in which she planned to get her breast implants replaced.
NBC said that it aired other segments on Today about the September 11 terrorist attacks, including an interview with a World Trade Centre survivor earlier in the show.
For its later West Coast feed, the network did show the commemoration of the first moment. Ceremonies took place at the World Trade Center and the White House lawn.
- Kris Jenner Strips Down & Gets A Bikini Bounce! (perezhilton.com)
- The Today Show Really F*cked Up On 9/11 Coverage (This Will Make You Want To Stab Someone) (thegloss.com)
- 9/11 Gaffe: NBC Chooses to Air Interview With Kris Jenner About Breast Implants During Moment of Silence (observer.com)
- Shameful: NBC skips 9/11 moment of silence for Kardashians and Kris Jenner’s boobs (twitchy.com)
- NBC’s “Today” Skips 9/11 Moment Of Silence For Kris Jenner Interview (wibw.com)
- The Today Show Chooses Kris Jenner Over 9/11 Tribute (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- NBC ‘Today’ show skips 9/11 moment of silence in favor of Kardashian mom … – New York Daily News (nydailynews.com)
- NBC Decided to Air a Kris Jenner Interview Instead of 9/11 Memorial Coverage This Morning (complex.com)
- NBC Defends Today Show Kardashian Koverage (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- NBC shamed in social media for failing to cover 9/11 moment of silence – Yahoo! TV (nadernazemi.com)